Featured Creatives

Monday, March 14, 2011

Art Appreciation From Peace Images

The beautiful Camille Peace runs Peace Images, a jewelry company that creates lovely earrings, bracelets, rings, body chains, and necklaces. I first found Peace Images on The Messenger Bag, and I absolutely fell in love with the creations. I hadn't started this blog then though so I lusted quietly. Then, as I got around Blogsville some more, I spied her on That Good Good Blog and Wild Spring. Loads of people have noticed her work, probably because of how wonderfully different it is.
I love Camille's jewelry because her passion clearly flows into her creations. You can see some of her in her pieces. She doesn't see making jewelry as just something fashionable, she sees it as an art; an art that expresses who she is, the values she stands for, her culture, and her dreams. Like she says, "Through my art, I've inspired others to follow their dreams. My art allows me to channel my happiness, my fear, my pain, my anger, my joy, my inspiration...and the result is always something beautiful." As an African woman, I can totally identify with her art and I would be proud to wear it as my own.
Camille leaves us with a power advice, one which I am definitely taking to heart: "I spend hours and hours on my dream everyday. I hope you are blessed to do the same."  

Find Peace Images on Twitter and Facebook. Shop her lovely jewelry on Big Cartel, and read her blog

P.S. I've got so many pictures here cause I honestly couldn't choose between them. The 2nd picture collage is via The Messenger Blog, and the rest is courtesy Camille (she takes them herself)

28 comments:

  1. These are beautiful pieces. I like the ring and the chains with Africa.

    You're doing a fab job with this blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Nice blog here.
    I see you've been tagged but i still tagged you in the One Lovely Blog Awards. That means I think your blog rocks. :)
    Cheers!

    www.royremi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY,THIS IS SO AFRICA,LOVE IT...WELL AM BACK BCOS OF UR COMMENT LOL...SO AM FOLLOWING U NOW,HOPE U DO THE SAME...NICE BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovez it!!... very creative pieces

    ReplyDelete
  5. To think we have all this talent in Nigeria. great job Adiya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i want some of those jewellery absolutely gorgeous x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee!!! I want!!!! off to stalk her website!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her pieces are very strong and bold. I love how she incoporates various material in her jewellery... off to feast my eyes on more of her stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know right? She's amazing! Lol at LohiO, that is what i've been doing in fact! Lol! More eye candy at her websites oh

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope i'm not the only guy that loves your blog Adiya? Even if,e no mean...hehehehehe.I love all those designs,i'm gonna look out for the ones i'd get my baby.Meanwhile,i gave you an award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have one of her rings (won it in a giveaway)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow... with my mouth wide open
    these are unique, love em

    http://chizys-spyware.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving that power advice and jewellery too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love these !
    now following :]

    http://thehautetamale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really nice unique pieces. I ought to buy some.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! I can see myself in almost all of those!! very gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  17. really really beautiful pieces! I'm going to check out her shop

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please check her shop out. I bet she'll appreciate it :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, those pieces rock...girl am loving it o

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the all the pieces . Very talented!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Adiya, thanks for visiting my blog. These are nice pieces and congratulations on your blog award.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it!
    I've seen her on other blogs

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing, I have my eyes on a few of her pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aaaaaw I love those earrings with the Africa on them, chains and the blue stone. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. yup! gotta love peaceimages :) camille is amazing and so nice as well!

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ohhh these are great. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete