Featured Creatives

Friday, March 25, 2011

The Art Of Zen With Zen Magazine Africa

To be Zen means 'to be in a state of meditation'. When you meditate, you are relaxed and you're supposed to be able to reach a level of enlightenment if you do it right. Whole religions and cultures are based on this concept. I can't imagine anyone being creative and not reaching this 'enlightenment ' stage at one level or another. This concept is what Zen Magazine Africa is about- enlightenment that translates to creativity and self-expression in art, music, lifestyle, and culture. In fact, Zen Mag Africa showcases Africans that make creativity the center of their beings- whether in simple entertainment or in work.

The superman behind Zen Magazine is Arinze, and I think I've found myself a kindred spirit. The little time I've known him I've been so inspired by his work and his mindset. The amazing thing is that Zen Mag was created through a series of God-Led steps (that's the only way I can describe it). He simply wanted a platform where he could make a difference and leave his mark on the work, and he found that platform in Zen Mag. "God found me", he said when he spoke of founding the magazine. Now how beautiful is that!

Another amazing thing is that Zen Mag started in such an original way- on just Facebook and Twitter. They already have a huge following- and why wouldn't they, cause when you've got an awesome thing going on, people notice. Although there have been trying times, they are going places- higher and higher. They are launching their website any day now and going to print before you know it. With their interesting features and interviews, beautiful photographs, and creative layouts (I'm so in love with these), they are, and will continue to be, the place to go to celebrate creativity. Check out some pages from their monthly issues below:

March 2011
February 2011
January 2011
December 2010
"Giving chances to people to promote their art; to learn from (them) and inspire accordingly". This is exactly what Zen Magazine Africa is. I only hope I'll be right there when the magazine gets to where it's meant to be- right above the skies (and no I'm not trying to be corny, I actually mean it lol).

You can find Zen Mag Africa on Facebook and Twitter. Also, they will soon launch their website so watch this space for an update.

18 comments:

  1. this is really nice, i wonder where he gets d models lol.. they're so hottt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh..lots of juicy fashion news

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww the mag looks real classy!..so proud of Arinze :)
    i've not seen it being sold in any shop here though..where cn i buy it in houston?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chizy - One way we get our models is through research, another way is by referrals so it all depends really!
    @Kitkat - Thanks Hun for the comment! For now, our magazine is online and can be accessed through Facebook & Twitter. We have a host of amazing contents on our social platforms and I hope you enjoy reading them.
    Would like to take this time out to thank the Amazing Adiya for the feature. It means the world to me hun! To see some of our latest promo uploads, visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zen-Magazine/130777576934677

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice concept. Long may they last!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...seems like theey are going up up and up. can't wait to be able to purchase them...looks like my kind of mag for sure

    ReplyDelete
  7. And people will still tell me our future as a country isn't bright...abeg make i hear something jare.With minds like this,coupled with mine,we'll have a better Nigeria.Nice one Adiya,keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Comments Folks!! We truly appreciate you all for accepting our online magazine, in God's time we shall go print - till then, join our Facebook Page on ==> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zen-Magazine/130777576934677 and Twitter @zenmagafrica to see more of our online contents.... Lots of ♥ from me 2 u..xx God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing, wouldn't have known about Zen if u didn't

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the lovely comments guys! Zen is here to stay and to make a difference. Thumbs up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. the boy TY is my family friend. we all grew up together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where is this magazine sold? I havenit seen it on stands in the UK, I love supporting black/African Mags....

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Fragilelooks really? That's cool
    @Ag, the mag is free online for now here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zen-Magazine/130777576934677, and they'll soon run their website. It's a good thing supporting African Mags, they need it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adiya thanks for the comments on my blog mwah!, loving your work girl; thanks 2 u I'll check out Orese on Etsy which I Love because of the GREAT unique stuff on their. That kinda jewellery is right up my street. Add ur blog to my Nigerian website directory which I'm building @
    www.9javatar.org/9jalicious.

    To Your Success and Mine.

    Peeps check out my blog there's sumthang 4 every1 www.9javatar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbZEElpAtM&NR=1

    ReplyDelete
  16. Africa Fashion Week New York is to showcase 30+ designers from the Africa Diaspora.

    Opening collection by KORTO MOMOLU from project runway.CHECK OUT

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbZEElpAtM&feature=related

    and www.afwny.com

    please respond and let me know what you think!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete