Featured Creatives

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gifts From Orese

"The name Orese is a combination of "Ore" and "Ese" which both mean "gift" in Yoruba and Bini (Nigerian languages), respectively. Simply put, my creations are my gifts to you!" This is how Sase, the creator of Orese jewelries, introduces us to her work. And can I say, the description is very apt.M y birthday is coming up and I think I'd love nothing better than to have a couple of these jewelries gift wrapped for moi *wink wink*. Anyway, I simply love these adornments. These beauties are mostly made from materials like Ankara and brass. 

The Ankara bangles and button earrings are fun, colorful, and sure to put a spicy Afrocentric spin on any outfit:
Her brass earrings, necklaces, and even a mix of both (like in the last photograph) are a joy to behold. They are simple and elaborate at the same time. It's obvious that a lot of thought, imagination and creativity went into their designs:
Sase is constantly doing something different in each project. I think to her, each creation is a 'discovery'. She plays around with shapes and concepts and I bet this process pushes her creative limits all the time. You really should check Orese out on Facebook and Twitter. Also, shop her gifts from Etsy or email her: shop.orese@gmail.com

P.S. Can you spot something common between my profile picture and her jewelry? hehe

37 comments:

  1. I'm loving the very looong earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beaurriful pieces. I think I spot the similarity. The material on one of the bangles is the same as the one you wearing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ankara bangles and earrings!!would love to get my hands on one.BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so uniquely african. I really love it!! i'll check out the fb page now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, your ankara dress matches one of her bangles, lol. And these pieces are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. y am i going crazy bout ankara accessories gos i desprately ve o rock them this summer no excuses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! what an awesome sight. These are beautiful pieces. When is your birthday? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adiya is at it again.These are very lovely and even though i can use any,i'm glad i have people that can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the ankara bangles . Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love her earrings they r too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the earrings!!!! Oh my!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!!! I want one, that is some creative stuff right there, where's the site.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving these gifts. So creative and such vibrant colours. Guys should rush out and get them for their girls now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kai! You guys that answered the question are too sharp lol. Thanks for these comments :D She's really talented, not so?

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  15. just see your blog by chance, nice blog !! IM a new follower, would you like to follow mw back ?
    http://likemousseauchoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. ankara ear-rings & bangles?..I LOVE IT!..am a big fan of ankara materials & won't mind to have them :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought the similarity was your love for side profile pictures :D. I love her work. I also love her Afro chic models. Very stylish....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!
    have a lovely weekend!
    Dorota
    www.jewellerybijou.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol Ginger! I hadn't even noticed! Thank you for these lovely comments people!! *major smiling here*

    ReplyDelete
  20. love all creations they're just so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE the ankara accessories and the African map earring.

    ReplyDelete
  22. *sigh* so beautiful! similarities btw the jewellry and ur pic? ummmm...you're wearing an ankara?

    ReplyDelete
  23. your blog is so cute and amazing!!
    if you want you'll be my follower:)
    XOXO
    www.stylestarmjonas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Adiya, first of all this collection is seriously serious..lol. it is so good I want to yank some off the page. pls how do i contact this person?
    and i like your blog :)
    email me if you can.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adiya you need to do more posts!

    Plus, since you condoned my thieving of pictures, can I steal pictures off of here?

    With full credits to your beautiful blog, of course!

    The earrings are beaut. Too beaut!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Temitoyin thanks!! And email coming up! I'll edit the post and put up her contacts :D

    @ ShayShay LOL!! Steal away hon! And lots of posts coming!

    Thanks so much people for these beautiful and encouraging comments :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. ahhh LOVELY!!! I should get some pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am definitely going to learn to make these sturves!! Watch this space!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow, these are really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  30. this jewellery is beautiful, especially the ankara ones! so many beautiful things come out of africa....x

    check out my blog: PASTIMEBLISS

    ReplyDelete
  31. AMAZING !
    (black is beautiful)

    http://dablacksjp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete