Featured Creatives

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No Wedding Jitters From African Bride

Have you ever organized a wedding or at least been part of the planning activities? I haven't, and frankly, I'm not particularly looking forward to it, given the amount of stressed out brides I've seen. I recently started watching the series 'who's wedding is it anyway' and believe me, the meekest bride turns into a godzilla because of wedding preparations. Here is where African Bride jumps in to save the day (in fact to save the whole process).
No more hair pulling, dress ripping, tear spilling brides because African Bride a.k.a. AB provides both preparation and options. AB focuses mainly on African brides based in the UK who want an infusion of culture and tradition to their special day. They provide information on different aspects of the wedding, from cake to makeup to vendors, many catering to the specific needs of Africans. And the magazine is free!
Also featured in the magazine are the experiences of other brides, who their vendors were, their highs and lows, etc. The idea is for you to learn from real life success stories.
A major feature of the magazine is the articles on the many issues surrounding weddings. These articles provide information and advice on everything from cakes, choosing venues, budgeting, bridesmaids, etc.
The magazine also has a very wide list of different vendors who you can check out and use (and increase your options)
African Bride Magazine has got such a commendable mission which aims to make  your African wedding day special and stress free; from the inception to the completion. And, they also have giveaways (think cruise trips for that perfect honeymoon *wink wink*).

You can contact AB Magazine at info@africanbride.co.uk or contactsimplydone@googlemail.com (for Simi) and check out their website here. Right now they are focused on the UK though, so that's good news to those of you who are there!

20 comments:

  1. Good for the UK based people, I am sure I will find some floating around in my corner of Canada. Cool stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like that they do so much and that they add so much tradition into the wedding. i got married last year and seriously, it was a ton of fun. i didn't go all bridezilla...my hubby helped; our friends and family helped. it was really just pretty fun. i'd do it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks for this review! Since Mahogany Bridal stopped printing here in the UK, I've not come across another black bridal magazine. So excited, I've already contacted them and I'm waiting for their response. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, my e-mail just bounced back and the web address doesn't appear to be correct. Do you have any alternative contacts for this mag? Please advice if you can.

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ms Buki! Oh wow, that's true. I've updated it with another email- it's contactsimplydone@googlemail.com. Hope you get her (name is Simi). So glad you can use this!

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely review, I love weddings nowadays and the pictures here just got me smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds promising! wedding/marriage is the farthest thing from my mind right now though, but who knows, i jst might need it for my sis :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very thorough review. Thanks for sharing Adiya

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the update Adiya. Much appreciated.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the thought of planning a wedding stresses me out and I am nowhere close to getting married. lol
    So this is definitely something helpful for people like me who stress out easily.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do watch the programme and understands the wahala involved....even on the high table, the bride would be fidgeting...hence not making her enjoy the attention...so this magazine came in the niche of time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAPPY DEMOCRACY DAY TO 9JA :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmm this is a lovely concept wish em success

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adiya! U've been tagged!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blessings.....
    yes i have participated and been part of a wedding. Frankly it all depends on if you are getting married for you or if you are getting married to put on a big show so everybody could say oh she is this or that. It is just for you and your groom with an intimate set of people who care about you and your happiness there need not be any of the drama, hair pulling and all that nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice review Adiya! I love the fun around wedding and seeing different ideas!

    ps: you should try a spandex tights :)

    xoxo
    Stella

    http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice post, go on!!
    I can´t wait for my own wedding preparations hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very good post!

    jewellerybijou.com

    ReplyDelete