Featured Creatives

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Colorful Chic Accessories From Chic Therapy

One of the very first bloggers i 'met' was the famous Chic Therapy. She is a fashion blogger with beautiful writing skills and a chic style that is full of color, happiness, and fun. I confess, she actually inspires me to spice up my all-black and go bold with my colors; she's my Color Muse. She has several DIY instructions for accessories and for a while, she had been talking about setting up an online store. And it's finally here! So, here I am introducing Chic Therapy Accessories and the vision, inspiration and story behind achieving it.
She had a self-interview on her blog, most of which I'm going to post here verbatim because to remove anything would be criminal. She captures what Chic Therapy is all about. I've included two new questions (which she answered beautifully) at the end of the interview though. I hope you are inspired by her like I am.
What is Chic Therapy Accessories?: CTA, is my brain child. It is an online store that sells accessories handmade by moi.

What exactly does Chic Therapy Accessories sell?: We sell handmade earrings, necklaces, brooches and hair accessories that are made from vibrant fabrics (mainly African print; Ankara and Woodin). We also retail handwoven ethnic bangles that are sourced from Africa. All accessories with the exception of the handwoven ethnic bangles are made by moi, Chic Therapy.
What inspired Chic Therapy Accessories?: It was inspired by my love for color, fabric and pretty things. I was always making accessories for myself (remember here, here, here & here and feature on One Nigerian Boy & Vanguard Sunday (fashion insert) and decided to sell them when i started getting requests from friends and acquaintances. Read more on the Chic Therapy Accessories website.
How do i shop Chic Therapy?: You can shop our products 24/7 on our big cartel page http://www.thechictherapy.bigcartel.com/ (www.thechictherapy.com coming soon). For now, we only ship within the US & Canada.
Did you meet with any challenges while starting the store?: A major challenge I initially had was the barrier I had built for myself, fear. I was scared stiff of venturing into this it and had considered quitting several times. Thankfully, I had friends who talked me out of this. Another major challenge was getting African fabrics. Being that I live in the States, it was hard to get a variety of traditional African prints; I however, have found a way to source for fabric from Nigeria and get them delivered to me here.
What is your vision for Chic Therapy Accessories: Chic Therapy Accessories is inspired by color and culture. It is a celebration of beauty and our vision is to infuse a little bit of the African culture to the everyday modern life style. We want to be the go to brand for African inspired accessories. We also have future plans to diversify and metamorphose into something bigger.

For regular updates, you can follow Chic Therapy on Twitter, check out their Facebook Page, or send an email: chictherapyonline@gmail.com. You could always go straight to the store though ;D

27 comments:

  1. Go Girl!!! I love the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HEART THE COLORS OF THE HEAD BANDS I WANT 1 PLEASE! LOL

    i invite you to visit my blog if you like:http://euqinom7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo pretty. I love the multi coloured headband with the bow. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely accessories. Who knew the African print would be made this elegant a while ago? I LOVE the bows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Very creative

    crown-chronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pieces are lovely, majorly because of the african prints

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw them. I actually thought they were quite lovely too. Style,colour and culture, thats truly a great combination. Creativity at its peak!

    http://msjanylbenyl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it! shame they only ship out around the US and canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is awesome! i love Chic Therapy. I've been following her blog for a long, long time. loving those headbands!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pieces.Not a colorful person myself but maybe its time to change.

    Thanks for sharing this

    Mena

    http://efemenaoreoluwa.blogspot.com/2011/06/what-exactly-is-going-on-with-domestic.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely! I follow her blog as well that's great :]

    xo Mima

    The Haute Tamale

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Love Chic Therapy.

    http://www.bomabrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply outstanding! I feel so happy when I see creativity at work! Beautiful display of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is cute! Love the necklace! I want one :)

    Ps: Adiya, you comments are always so hilarious and sweet! Big hug and kisses for you love!


    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the kind words everyone!

    Adiya you are a star.Thanks for the feature :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are amazing. I could totally see them being sold in Henri Bendel. If I were a buyer for them, then your accessories would be in there tomorrow.

    TheQueenofHearts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it!

    Lola x
    http://lola-x.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. The ankara bracelets are my fav!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cette collection est très jolie !
    www.chadechire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete