Featured Creatives

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hearting The J Label

The fabulous brand, Jewel By Lisa (JBL) is releasing their ready to wear line called The J Label. This line is supposed to be accessible, youthful, and affordable and can be worn wherever (not just on special occasions like the traditional JBL piece). I’m sure all of you have heard so it isn’t really news. Personally, I’m looking forward to it.

I confess that I’ve been one of those people that eye JBL pieces and then look at the tag with side eye and then favor it with a hiss. Apparently, there have been many of us who have been doing this and it’s good to know that JBL has caught on. The photoshoot shows a few of the pieces and has gotten my mouth to water! Check it out:

JBL have taken a great approach to marketing the line by making good use of social media and bloggers. To this end, The Fancy Hub had an exclusive preview of the J Label and they created a really interesting ‘min-doc’ to showcase it to the world. In the mini-doc, two ladies, Makida Moka and Carmen Ohen try out pieces from the line before anybody else *green envy*.
The documentary is fun and happy! The ladies are full of smiles, and I think it really captured the spirit of the J Label.
So what do you think? Is the J Label something you’re looking forward to? Do you think it has that ‘pop’ that JBL pieces usually have? Does it represent JBL adequately? Would you want to buy a piece (or at least have one as a gift :p)?;

Credit: See more at The Fancy Hub.

28 comments:

  1. I like what she has done with the fabrics. I won't mind buying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her, most especially the polka dot purse

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much do these babies go for. they are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Sighs* iLike! and more importantly, iWant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fashions, love the fabrics used for the dresses. :)

    https://zoelove.bigcartel.com
    http://coilymystic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that blue star blazer is amazing! if it's affordable too then that's even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm joining you with hearting this one.
    Gosh beautiful is the word!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful but not looking forward coz she has nothing for guys :-S,i hope its going to be "affordable" though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always thought the photoshoot was lovely, but now i'm with Mbabazi's comment and Im curious on their price.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her style is simple, classy and waaaay casual. The prices had better be casual too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto what you said, hope they are truly affordable:) All very cute pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. fan-friggin-tastic Adiya, I am putting this on my blog... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the label, great design--I want the shorts, dress and skirt :)

    xoxo
    Stella

    http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now, this is what I call African beauty. My heart is always filled with joy when I see things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great article :) I nominated your blog for an award. I hope you can stop by my blog and get the details. http://jcatherinethoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I prefer her primary label. This does not mean that this is not good, it's just that I am not a part of her target audience for this line. I would like to know what the price for these pieces are. The word "affordable" is being bandied about and I would like to put a figure to it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really really really like it!
    I <3 the african touch'

    http://dablacksjp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the label

    http://venyvidivici.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is super trendy!! Love her use of fabric and color. Reminds me of Chic Therapy's store.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE her pegleg/ cigarette trousers the most! I need a pair in my closet!!!

    BLEURGH
    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete