Featured Creatives

Monday, June 13, 2011

Muse Origins: That's What's Up

I think it was in my bag post that I mentioned I was starting a business. It's actually something my friends and I have been planning for eons- practically since we left school (I can find grey hairs on my head now so you can imagine X_x). But it's finally happening!

When I started this blog, I had one main objective- to showcase the creativity of Nigerians. But over time, I'm seeing that I can expand this objective to match my other goals (specifically my business one) without taking away the aim of the blog. This is growing so much in my mind that i'm almost afraid to start doing what i'm planning. But they say 'feel the fear...and do it anyway'. And that's what I'm doing with this new company. The name of our company is Muse Origins.
Muse Origins will be focused on promoting African creativity through fashion and style. We'll start with Nigeria for now, and work our way up. The company will have four main objectives:
  1. Online Blog/Magazine (well, more than a blog, less than a magazine...err sort of) 
  2. Fashion Styling Consulting
  3. Fashion Store
  4. Creative Events
The Corner Shop actually fits perfectly into the first objective, which is why we're going to incorporate it into Muse Origins. The blog will still be the same except with one main addition- showcasing African style through style features. I promise, you'll love it. The blog itself won't make any money, but the rest of the objectives will so fingers crossed for that. 

There'll soon be a few changes to the blog in terms of design, but also in terms of hosting. Our IT nerd thinks Wordpress has more 'functionality' and blah blah blah and can be tweaked a lot easier and better than Blogspot, so we'll be moving over there soon. I hope you come along with us.

I've got to say that I've been encouraged to jump into this by all the young entrepreneurs I've been meeting! These guys have been doing wonders by bringing their creativity to life and 'I'm so inspired!' Ultimately, we're really just working and learning as we go. There's so much to do and decide on in terms of branding, but we don't want to wait till we've got everything; we've waited enough. We'll embark on this journey with an eagerness to learn  and with loads of excitement. 

Please wish my partners and I some luck and mojo!

P.S. No i'm not moving just yet, just wanted to let you fab peeps (my personal persons) know that stuff was going down *wink*

34 comments:

  1. Noooo don't move to wordpresssss! :(

    it's soooo confusing and... just not blogger!

    *throws self on floor throwing tantrums upon hearing such saddening news*

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adiya:

    LOL @ gray hairs! That makes two of us.

    I really admire what you and your friends are doing (and plan to do) and I pray it all works out as planned. I am a true believer in enterpreneurship (especially for Nigeria)...it is the way forward. Looking forward to the evolution of your blog too (though I still like it the way it is).

    Best wishes with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Best of luck, can't wait to see it all bloom!



    joie-de-vie-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'BESTEST OF LUCK'
    Cant wait to see it all
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. the bestest of luck with this. Youre gonna do a great job and be successful. now claim those blessings. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your venture.

    Wordpress is ok however it does not have the same kind of flexibility and things you get free here you will have to pay for there

    All the best.
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  9. this sounds like a fab venture--i hope things take off for you. and, of course, i love the name! wordpress does have its perks so that might be a good fit--i'll follow you wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! i wish u all the best in this new venture hey :) ..plz dnt leave blogger!!!!
    I know u'll kill it though, cos ur blog is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yahhh Nigeria lol Best wishes (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you the best of luck! You can do it!! BUT don't leave blogger LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodluck Adiya,and i mean that from the depth of my heart.I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you sooooooooo much you guys! I'm so encourage. It's a bit frightening but you make me feel like anything is possible.

    Lol @Shay a.k.a drama queen :p I'm a bit apprehensive about moving to wordpress though. I've been there, but i didn't stay. I'll still be over here anyways- too many great people hosted here. Not deleting anything oh! :o

    Thanks again! :*

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck to you guys!! wish you all the best..
    well thank God you've confirmed that you are not leaving blogger :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great babe! So proud!!! Can't wait to see what you have in store! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations! and i will follow wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. GOOD LUCK Adiya! Love the idea and entrepreneur venture. I love when young people start ventures.

    I will be stopping by as always!

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  19. All the best, i'm sure you guys will be very successful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea.LOVES IT.More grease to your elbow girl...Cant wait for you to get started.I def will be supporting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Get it girl! you can do it...Make us proud! lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love seeing young entrepreneurs, my prayers are with you always ... success all d way

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wish you all the best!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you SO SO much!!! I'm not leaving blogspot oh- will still be following you all. You guys are great and are making this blogging experience something special!

    Thanks again! MUAH!!

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just saw this from FB, all the best in your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sound exciting. All the best hon. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats dear, wish you the very best with this new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love that last bag, its like a necklace on a clutch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. erm... How much do I love the name!!!

    wish you all the luck lovely lady xxx

    ReplyDelete