Featured Creatives

Friday, June 10, 2011

That Vintage Feel From Maju

Maju is a fashion house that creates accessories, footwear, and ready to wear clothes for women. Created in 2008 by Motunrayo Jimoh, their mission is to cater to the fashion needs of women of all sizes. The first 'feel' you get of Maju is how vintage and contemporary their creations are. They walk a fine line between modern and old school, and they walk it perfectly. Maju makes me think of the perfect definition of a Lady. I'm loving it.
Purity, maturity, grace, and style is what Maju aims to portray whenever they cater to a lady! Below is an insight into Maju and its founder Motunrayo Jimoh.  
What inspired you to start Maju? I love shopping for clothes. Whenever I would go shopping, I would see a dress or an outfit I like but think it didn’t look so great because it lacked a certain detail. So one day I decided instead of looking for that perfect outfit, why don’t I just create it.
How do you get inspiration for your beautiful pieces? I love to travel, discover new things and meet people. I get my inspiration from the people I meet, places I travel to and my friends.
What vision do you have for Maju? To be one of the most successful fashion labels in Lagos, Nigeria by catering to the fashion needs of women of all sizes.
How do you handle the business part of Maju while still keeping things creative? I’ve got a PR team run by Princess Irede Abumere. And they’ve been tremendous help to me.
What message/feeling/image do you wish to convey with Maju? Maju is an accentuation of feminine beauty which I try to portray in my creations. I try to convey an image of purity, maturity and grace.

To see more of Maju, you can check out their blog, their tumblr, and Facebook page. Also, follow them on Twitter or/and send them an email on majufasionlive@gmail.com

24 comments:

  1. These are the types of news we need to hear more of and not the scary stuff I hear everyday about my people. I love to see my people progress and hopefully, she will extend her products overseas. But when i go back home next year, I will definitely be checking her out.
    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, I am loving the bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing collection, the designs are great x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorg shoes and bag!! love them

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THE BAGS AND SHOES! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came across your site. This is really nice.

    www.qtlimages.com
    www.quethelights.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite interesting. some lovely pieces.

    Its funny how terms get coined. Vintage another name for old. You would be surprised how expensive these old clothes are, resently passed a store and they were selling "vintage" clothing, the prices were outrageous. Old is new again. I have seen clothing i wore as a girl come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Interview :) I love the clothing. It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The brown/grey/silver sleeveless dress with the bag - that's really nice, understated and classy. The designers walk the fine line between modern and old school rather well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see naija girls at work! Truly inspiring creative brand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Timeless pieces for real, esp those shoes! Sorry for noticing only the shoes so much, I'm a big shoe fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shoes are killing me! *salivating*
    Bags ..not so much.
    Great style though

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhh,the shoes,the shoes,that's what i want.yes and the blue bag,sai,very well done.
    Maju,I wish yhu all the best,hope yhur price range are accessible :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, that red shoe in the first pic is killing me--it's so amazing. and the dresses are hot too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shoes are lovely though I cant wear them! But Maju is gifted!!!

    Tribute to you here-->http://efemenaoreoluwa.blogspot.com/2011/06/scandal-in-blogsville-treating-latest.html

    Mena

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the 4th picture..where she models a red dress and the bag in the background. Just lovely. Those shoes...mmm, mmm, mmm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those red shoes are so hot!

    Lola x
    http://lola-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice post! going to check them out now :]

    xo Mima

    http://thehautetamale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maju seems really beautiful! I like what I see :) Great interview Adiya!!

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks people!! Maju is just great and talented!

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  21. lawd lawd!!! I overcome the temptations o! lovely lovely shoes and bags...yummy!

    ReplyDelete