Featured Creatives

Monday, July 4, 2011

Showcasing Nigeria From IX Media

I’m always excited when I find a business that has basically the same mission as me (on this blog)! So, I’m really happy to present IX (Image Xtravaganza) Media to you. IX is a bi-montly magazine focused on re-branding the image people have of Nigeria. Now how noble is this?! I had the pleasure of interviewing the creative brain behind the magazine. Without too much talking, let’s jump into the interview shall we?
1) What is IX Media all about? IX media is a company set on showcasing Nigeria in the best way possible, starting with its magazine publication which has a monthly publication of articles on tourism, fashion and entertainment, business ventures and the faces behind them geared towards empowering and encouraging these young entrepreneurs, as well as personality interviews to celebrate great and note worthy achievers
2) What inspired you to start IX Media? I was inspired to start IX media because I personally felt Nigeria ought to be given its due respect; in the face of all the ills we still manage to bring out some of the world’s best in many fields time and time over. I felt we needed to celebrate ourselves for who we are and for what we have.

3) What vision do you have for IX Media? My vision for IX media is to be the company that would finally put Nigeria back on the map with a better image worthy of respect and admiration in spite of all the minuses
4) What is one of the biggest challenges you have faced and how did you overcome it? The biggest challenge I have faced and still facing is recognition and finance, both relatively intertwined. People who don’t know you won’t do business with. I usually smile at their naïveté. Am an over comer so am still overcoming.

5) What do you like best and worst about your work? The best part of my job is self actualization and the press pass I wear on my neck. I love when people read our mails at the magazine and call just to congratulate us along with the post we get on our sites. I don’t have worst moments because I tread carefully. Where my right stops is where another person’s rights starts.
Mr IX Isaac Baba Umaru, the brains behind IX Media
6) What message/feeling/image do you wish to convey with IX Media? I want Nigerians worldwide to be able to walk with their heads high and be proudly Nigerian. To achieve that, we at IX media are exporting Nigeria through the magazine showcasing the best we have to offer the world, as well as partnering with other Nigerian companies abroad

IX media is doing a mighty good job showing people that Nigerians have a lot more to offer than people first think. I can see that they will go very far because they have a noble and commendable mission. Check them out some more on Facebook Group and on their blog. See their website here too.

23 comments:

  1. Yeiiiiiii!!! congrats on the new site babes, I am loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea behind the magazine, nice feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats girl! I saw on on another blog and quickly came over. The mag is fab and your site simply rocks.
    Thanks for all your support on my blog. Thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you on another blog i meant. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these guys are doing a great job. That's really inspiring. Kudos to them.

    And still talking about inspiring, mehn girl, you're amazing. Congrats to you and your crew and I love the new name too. The cornershop was still nice though, but there's sth about this one, I guess it's just cos it's new :)
    All the best in your endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations....{connected through MYNE...}

    but am finding it difficult to put it in my blogroll...saying BLOG NOT FOUND..hope not blogger problem?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the new site. Really nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. wish they had this awesomeness in my country!!

    http://coilymystic.blogspot.com/
    https://zoelove.bigcartel.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey. Great Mag idea and like you said noble :). But gotta wonder how Mr IX Umaru plans to cope with a bi-monthly production? Do glossies sell that well?

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely interview and congrats to you on the new look and name of the site!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it here already, congrats! Nice feature too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done!! Wonderful mission you have set for yourself. We are glad when we see a diva with such vision to a better Nigeria.
    And thumbs up to the IX team.

    www.divadomination.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on new blog site!But jeez,need to re-follow again quickly!Wasn't getting ur updates. Mag looks nice n glossily good. So whats the next move4 u now?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much! They are really doing good work.

    And thanks for the encouraging comments and finding my blog again (my bad X_X)

    @Ibhade, oops hope you spelled it right? Hope it's not a problem oh

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog! I like it!

    Follow my blog, and I'll follow yours

    http://ohsoalexandrish.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adiya:

    You should do more of this. It's always refreshing to read about people that feel there are things worth celebrating about Nigeria (not just complaints). And Congrats on the new blog. You're already off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey Adiya!

    please vote for me in the Style a Shape contest by clicking here and hitting the 'Like' button!
    http://www.365hangers.com/style-a-shape/details.php?id=75

    It's greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the idea! Great concept!

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  19. I quote // What is one of the biggest challenges you have faced and how did you overcome it? The biggest challenge I have faced and still facing is recognition and finance, both relatively intertwined. People who don’t know you won’t do business with. I usually smile at their naïveté. Am an over comer so am still overcoming.//

    and thats just the wahala with starting up ones own business instead of job hunting,

    Anyway he sounds optimistic so I wish him the very best

    ReplyDelete
  20. i like that cover....good luck to the magazine

    ReplyDelete