I’m always excited when I find a business that has basically the same mission as me (on this blog)! So, I’m really happy to present IX (Image Xtravaganza) Media to you. IX is a bi-montly magazine focused on re-branding the image people have of Nigeria. Now how noble is this?! I had the pleasure of interviewing the creative brain behind the magazine. Without too much talking, let’s jump into the interview shall we?
1) What is IX Media all about? IX media is a company set on showcasing Nigeria in the best way possible, starting with its magazine publication which has a monthly publication of articles on tourism, fashion and entertainment, business ventures and the faces behind them geared towards empowering and encouraging these young entrepreneurs, as well as personality interviews to celebrate great and note worthy achievers
2) What inspired you to start IX Media? I was inspired to start IX media because I personally felt Nigeria ought to be given its due respect; in the face of all the ills we still manage to bring out some of the world’s best in many fields time and time over. I felt we needed to celebrate ourselves for who we are and for what we have.
3) What vision do you have for IX Media? My vision for IX media is to be the company that would finally put Nigeria back on the map with a better image worthy of respect and admiration in spite of all the minuses
4) What is one of the biggest challenges you have faced and how did you overcome it? The biggest challenge I have faced and still facing is recognition and finance, both relatively intertwined. People who don’t know you won’t do business with. I usually smile at their naïveté. Am an over comer so am still overcoming.
5) What do you like best and worst about your work? The best part of my job is self actualization and the press pass I wear on my neck. I love when people read our mails at the magazine and call just to congratulate us along with the post we get on our sites. I don’t have worst moments because I tread carefully. Where my right stops is where another person’s rights starts.
|Mr IX Isaac Baba Umaru, the brains behind IX Media|
6) What message/feeling/image do you wish to convey with IX Media? I want Nigerians worldwide to be able to walk with their heads high and be proudly Nigerian. To achieve that, we at IX media are exporting Nigeria through the magazine showcasing the best we have to offer the world, as well as partnering with other Nigerian companies abroad